Friday, May 10, 2013

Digital Citizenship Early Childhood Classroom!

For this blog post we are going to discuss Digital Citizenship. I have broken down all the information about Digital Citizenship on Prezi. But a little background before digital citizen is everywhere around us and it is important that teachers show their students the proper way to use the internet. Within the Prezi it will go over what Digital Citizenship is why it is important to promote it to our students, the issues that can come with digital citizenship, and resources that can be used to in the classroom to promote digital citizenship.
 
 
The works citied for this project can be found on my Works Citied Page!

6 comments:

  1. Brandy, your prezi has a nice theme, a good idea to use the foot prints, as we are talking about leaving a digital foot print! You are the first person I have seen use statistics in their post, great job on finding them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the description you used to define Digital Citizenship. The statistics about Cyberbullying were very informative, and I think this issue is something that children don't take seriously even though it is a very serious matter. One movie that I just watched today that touches on this issue is called Cyberbully. It might be a bit much for elementary students because of the use of language, but it is a great movie that teaches the effects of cyberbullying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your post on digital citizenship was well put together. You addressed what I think are the important parts of it. I liked that you mentioned hanging posters around the classroom to promote digital citizenship. Most people don't remember to present content about new media using traditional media such as a poster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked you're theme for your prezi. The information and videos you used was very informative. I liked your statistics about cyber bullying it's very effective. You also had great ideas promoting digital citizenship inside the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the statistics used about cyber bullying. Your post was very informative, and I love that you had ideas about promoting citizenship in your own classroom. I love the theme of your prezi too - very you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your prezi was really nice, I like how its a path- cute! I also really like the video that you embedded it gives a lot of useful tips and information on digital citizenship for teachers! Also the stats were nice to see it really puts it all in perspective.

    ReplyDelete